3 Things Expats Should Know Before Moving to Malaysia with Kids

The Visa Situation

There are four ways your child can legally live & study here in beautiful Malaysia:

  • Apply for the MM2H visa. Once approved, your children (and spouse) can get dependent visas, and it’s then a simple matter of getting a ‘Permission to Study’ stamp from the Ministry of Education. Bear in mind that MM2H can take 6-12 months to process.

  • Get a job in Malaysia, with your company sponsoring your work visa and your child/ren’s dependent visas. This is the most common route. Once your children have their dependent visas sorted, you can get the ‘Permission to Study’ stamp mentioned above.

  • Start a company here which will allow you to apply for dependent visas for your family.

  • Get student